Service Management has additional functions as well that allow you to track the items that are being serviced, define the tasks that are allowed to be performed against a service order, and also track the symptoms, diagnosis, and resolution to service order issues, making it a great tracking and analysis tool.
In this walkthrough we will show how you can create service agreements and orders, and then how you can use the additional tracking features within Service Management to get a tighter handle on your service orders.
The topics that are described within this series are:
- Creating a Service Agreement
- Creating a Service Order
- Posting Time to a Service Order
- Posting through the Service Management Portal
- Configuring Service Order Stages
- Configuring Service Reason Codes
- Signing Off and Posting Service Order Lines
- Invoicing Service Orders Time & Material
- Creating Project Statements for Service Agreements
- Creating Periodic Service Intervals
- Creating Periodic Service Orders
- Printing Service Orders
- Creating Service Objects
- Assigning Service Objects to Service Agreements
- Creating Service Tasks
- Assigning Valid Service Tasks to Agreements
In this blueprint we will show a number of the features that you can easily take advantage of within the Service Management area of Dynamics AX. By leveraging the Project accounting area, the Service Management functions give you a lot of power without having to invest a lot of effort in the setup.
You can use many of these features to track both external and internal service projects, so you may want to try using this for:
- Customer Service Orders (as we have shown in this example)
- Simple internal maintenance repair operations
- Help desk support tracking
Additionally, there are features that we did not describe in the walk through that you may want to investigate. They include:
- Using the dispatch board to schedule technicians
- Sourcing repair items from inventory
- Creation of Service Orders from projects
Take a look at the Service Management module, it’s simple to configure, and could help a lot.