Last week I hosted a webinar for I.B.I.S. Inc. focused on the self-service portals within Dynamics AX and showed:
- how you can use the Vendor Self Service Portals to allow vendors your vendors to track all of their purchase orders and even type in invoices that will be available within Payables for approval without double entry
- how you can create Request For Quotations and have the vendors respond to them on-line through the Vendor Self Service Portal
- how you can use the Vendor Requests function to allow prospective vendors to be managed and approved through workflows and also fill in their information before they become vendors
- how you can allow customers to view all of their Orders and Invoices through the Customer Self Service Portal without having to call up customer service
- how you can use the shopping cart feature in the Customer Self Service Portals to place orders directly within AX without even talking to you
Along the way I also created a script to accompany the webinar for those of you that were not able to make it, and I just finished putting the finishing touches on it and published it to the Dynamics AX Companions site for you all to download. Just click on the images below to find it.