- If you are using the production module within Dynamics AX, then you are probably wanting to get a better handle on your costs. You can easily configure Dynamics AX to calculate costs of BOM’s, and if you want to get a little more industrious then you can also create cost sheets broken out by your particular cost categories, incorporate routing costs, and even add surcharges and other indirect costs.
In this blueprint we will walk through an example that shows how to set up your costing controls within Dynamics AX.
Here are all of the topics that are included in this blueprint:
- Setting up Costing Versions
- Manually Assigning a Product Cost
- Creating Calculation Groups
- Using Costing Versions to perform a Mass Cost Calculation
- Performing a Basic Cost Rollup
- Creating Cost Groups
There is a lot more that you can do within the Costing configuration of Dynamics AX that we did not cover in this brief introduction.
Try it out and I’m sure that you will quickly surpass what we did here.