Using PowerPivot to Analyze Dynamics AX Data
Perhaps you have heard about the new tool in Excel called PowerPivot, but wonder how it can enhance your use of Excel.
In this series we will show how PowerPivot can assist you with advanced data analysis and reporting, making those extracts from Dynamics AX to Excel even more valuable.
Here are all of the blog posts that are included in this series:
- Using Pivot Tables to Analyze Dynamics AX Data
- Using PowerPivot to Create Dynamics AX Dashboards
- Adding Timeline Slicers to PowerPivot Dashboards
- Creating Additional Calculated Columns into PowerPivots
- Applying Filters to a PowerPivot Data Model
- Creating Joins between Multiple PowerPivot Datasets
- Using Functions to Create Calculated Columns in PowerPivots
- Creating URL and Picture Columns in PowerPivots
PowerPivot is a great tool that gives you a lot more capabilities that the normal Pivot function lacks, and in this worked example we have shown how it also extends out to SharePoint giving you a number of new publishing and visualization options.
Once you have mastered all of the basics of PowerPivot, you may want to dive into some other features like:
- The creation of more complex calculations using the DAX Queries
- The creation of KPI’s based off the calculations
- Reporting hierarchies
Then you will want to start investigating the other tools that are included in the PowerBI suite (which PowerPivot is just one of). The other tools are:
If you want to view the original post which may have additional content then click here.